Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happiness in Family Life...

"THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." (The Family: A Proclamation to the World, 1995)


http://lds.org/media-library/video/truth-restored?lang=eng&id=2009-04-100-family-simon#2009-04-100-family-simon


You might have to copy and past this URL, but it's a great short video.


The principles of successful marriages and families are the principles I want to adopt in my own life. Before I have a family of my own, I must learn how to walk by faith, I must be diligent in my prayers, I must know the healing powers of repentance, I must learn to forgive others, I must know how to respect and love others. I must know how to work, and how to have fun in a wholesome way.

No comments:

Post a Comment